All meetings will take place at 2PM at 30 Schuyler Place, 2nd Floor Conference Room, Morristown, NJ.
These are joint meetings between the Board of Transportation and the Freight Rail Advisory Committee.
- Height Clearance Issue at Phillipsburg Presentation
- Potential Realignment of the Dover & Rockaway Railroad Presentation
- Rail Car Weight Restrictions Presentation
- Freight Infrastructure & Land Use Analysis
The Morris County Freight Rail Advisory Committee was officially formed through resolution by the Board of Chosen Freeholders on October 14, 2009. The committee was put in place to monitor the activities and plan for the future of the county-owned freight rail lines. The nine member committee appointed by the Board of Chosen Freeholders will consist of two Freeholders, one representative from the Morris County Board of Transportation, three municipal representatives, one representative from the railroad that operates the county-owned rail lines, and two representatives from companies that utilize or may utilize freight services along these lines.
The committee meets quarterly on the second Tuesday of the month at 2:00 P.M. in the conference room of Morris County Office of Planning & Preservation, 30 Schuyler Place, 4th Floor, Morristown.
The committee’s staff services are provided by the Division of Engineering & Transportation of the Morris County Department of Public Works. For further information please contact the division at 973-829-8101 or [email protected].
- Kathryn A. DeFillippo, Freeholder
- Stephen H. Shaw, Freeholder
- Mark Crowley, Township of Roxbury
- Kean Burenga, Dover & Rockaway River Railroad
- Mayor James Dodd, Town of Dover
- Jack Holland, Holland Manufacturing
- Brian Kincaid
- Frank T. Reilly, Board of Transportation
- Lance Tkacs, Township of Randolph